Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1210 Republican Demolition

1210 Republican Demolition
05 Micron on small Moleskine with watercolor added later

I went sketching with Gabi again. This time we went a few blocks away where Gabi had heard that two of the oldest houses in the South Lake Union neighborhood we about to be demolished. Sure enough, these two houses were already in the process of being torn down. You can't see it here but the whole back end these homes is gone. It's kind of a shame they have to tear down old houses like this. Half way through this sketch it occurred to me that our drawings will probably be the last that are ever done to these two homes.

I was happy with the way this sketch turned out. I feel like I'm getting better at this.

Make sure you check out Gabi's blog here.

2 comments:

mARTa said...

I can see that I'm going to enjoy visiting here often. I only wish I lived close by so I could tag along with the boys!

Suma CM said...

Very nice -- feel like I'm there looking at the building.